Instructions for Pool Maintenance
Here you can Find Basic instructions of how to keep your pool clean and safe step by step.
Cleaning the filter basket and skimmers
The roll of the skimmer is to gather leafs and objects that flows on the water. Blocked skimmers will interfere water circulation and will burden the pump functioning.
Connecting suction head
To clean the pool floor we will need suction head.
We use it in case of cleaning the pool floor.
Telescopic pole Floating pipe
Connecting the pole to suction head. Take the floating pipe and fill it with water and connect it to one of the skimmers while the suction head is inside the water. Close the suction tap to achieve maximum suction from the skimmer that we are connecting. We wait that all the air will sucked and then we begin the suction from the pool floor.
An example of close/open tap
Close tap Open tap
In case of remaining leafs floating on the water, after we finish cleaning the pool with the suction unit, we can pick up remaining leafs with leaf net.
Automatic Cleaning –with Robots
There are many kinds of robots cleaners for pools. The roll of the robot is to clean automatically the pool floor. There are also robots that cleans the walls of the pool as well. It is very important to clean the robot basket after each time of operation. It is recommended to read the manufacture handbook.
Do not enter the pool while the robot is operating!!
After we finished cleaning the pool we need to clean the machine room
Cleaning the hair filter
1. First we turn off the Rotating pump
2. Closing in and out valves
3. Open the hair cover filter
4. Take out the filter and clean it
5. Put it back in place gently
6. Open the valves back
Rotating pump filter
1. Open the drain valve
2. Change the mode on the filter main valve to “Back wash”
3. Turn on the rotating pump. On the top of the filter there is a transparent glass to indicate the water situation. Keep the drain valve open until the transparent glass shows clear water.
4. When the glass indicates that water are clean, turn off rotating pump and switch the filter valve to “RINSE” position
Sand filter with rotating pump
5. Turn on rotating pump and make sure the open/ close valves in and out are open and the circulation is working.
6. Close the drain valve
Water Test Set
Test strips are a quick way to test the pool for adequate sanitizer levels as well as pH and total alkalinity. Proper testing also ensures that calcium levels are maintained and that there are no metals present in the pool water. These tests can be completed by you or your pool professional. In order to prevent scaling or corrosive action and to achieve maximum swimmer comfort, the pool water should be balanced to the following levels:
Things that influents the level of chlorine are: seasons, size of the pool and frequency of using the pool. Using salt device allows you the possibility to determine the amount of chlorine production in percentage.
To adjust level of PH when it’s in high level, we use salicylic acid to reduce PH. In case of low PH we use basic materials such as soda fire or PH+
Checking the Salt Device
The function of Salt Device is to produce chlorine from dismantling the salt. We add more salt when water need to be added because of evaporation or in case of replacing the water in the pool. It is important to read the manufacturing instructions.
In case of low salt indication you should check first the electrode and clean it. Dirty electrode can cause an invalid reading of the amount of salt inside the pool. Dirty electrode can occur because of fur in the water.
How to clean electrode?
1. Turn off the pump.
2. Close the inlet and outlet valves
3. Close the salt device with cork
4. Mix 40% acid with 60% water and pour it inside the salt device